Femiwiki operates based on the following four basic principles:
- A Feminist point of view: FemiWiki strives towards a perspective that embraces a feminist perspective and the viewpoints of the minority, as a counter to how tilted the society is. In keeping with this principle, we oppose:
- a mechanical approach to "neutrality" that reinforces existing narratives of bias
- all forms of hate speech towards any types of social minorities
2. Accepting multiple perspectives
3. Prioritizing the perspectives of all oppressed peoples
4. A culture of mutual respect
Principles 2, 3 and 4 were added on April of 2019.