CiviCRM is an open source CRM database developed for the nonprofit sector. It is usually deployed on top of Drupal as an extension.
PDF Receipt Download
When configured in a specific way (using the wkhtmltopdf generator instead of the default one?) that allows for Unicode support (custom CJK fonts) for PDFs, CiviCRM generates PDF files with no actual file extension ".pdf" - the downloaded file is simply named "PDF". Then the second download is named "PDF (2)" (when on Windows), and so forth.
These extension-less files used to open fine with Adobe Acrobat, but they are no longer picked up by Adobe Acrobat starting with a recent change (maybe a Windows 10 Update) in the Fall of 2019.
This can be fixed by forcing Windows to use Acrobat when opening files without extensions in this way: (You need administrator level access to the computer)
- The below command assumes that Adobe Acrobat is installed in a specific folder. Go to this folder on Windows Explorer, and verify that there is a program called "Acrobat.exe", and double click it and confirm that it loads Acrobat.
- For Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (the version that ships with the paid monthly subscription), the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat
- For Adobe Acrobat DC (the free version), the default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader
- Click the Windows Icon
- Type "cmd" (even though there is no space to type)
- Right click on Command Prompt, click "Run as Administrator"
- Inside the Command Prompt program, enter these two commands:
assoc .="No Extension"
Next, if using Acrobat Pro DC, enter this:
ftype "No Extension"=^"^%ProgramFiles(x86)^%\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe^" "%1"
Or if using Acrobat DC, enter this instead:
ftype "No Extension"=^"^%ProgramFiles(x86)^%\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\AcroRd32.exe^" "%1"
This should be it. This applies the tip provided by StackExchange User Kache in the thread How to set the default program for opening files without an extension in Windows?
- 207 Los Angeles
- 217 Orange