Femiwiki (페미위키) is a South Korean wiki website created in 2016. It was launched in response to criticisms from the progressive feminist sector that dominant sources of online crowdsourced information, specifically the casual language wiki giant Namuwiki, had turned increasingly antifeminist and lenient on sexually violent language towards women in its content over the years.  Femiwiki purposefully strives for a non-mechanical, feminist oriented perspective in its editorial direction, with a focus on sexual violence and sexual crimes, feminist theory and critique, and feminist movements around the world.
Other languages: 한국어
The events took place on January 6, 2017 with six people at a room in the Korea National University of Arts, March 25 with 20 people at Cafe Doing in Gangnam in partnership with the Wikimedia User Group and non-profit organization Wikimedians of Korea, a couple hundred people on May 13 at the Femeet Feminist Festival in Mapo.
Femiwiki also organized a Forum and edit-a-thon on April 29 at the Word and Bow Academy in Mapo, where four panelists presented on the "gender equalism" exposé, the role of feminist wiki editing and the boundaries of public and private in archiving practices.
2 Dismantling "gender equalism"
In August 2016, Femiwiki and its users took a lead role in identifying and dismantling false propaganda originating from surreptitious edits in the NamuWiki website that claimed that "there is a new strand of moderate feminism spreading in the Western world called 'gender equalism' which does not pursue a radical feminist agenda leading to reverse discrimination against men, but rather solely to correct the imbalance between men and women", and proceeded to tell the so-called radical feminists in Korea to adopt this so-called latest trend.
As of May 28, 2018, Femiwiki has raised KR₩2,947,694 (US$2,744) from 295 individual donors and funding rounds, through individual donations, and product fundraising. It releases itemized expense and income sheets through a public document.
- Sim, Hye (2016-10-27). "쏟아지는 성폭력·여혐 문제 제기…‘아카이빙’으로 잊지 않도록". 경향신문. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Jeon, Seon (2017-12-28). "[여혐 문제로 '키배' 뜨는데, 말문이 막힌다면?". OhMyNews. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Lim, Un (2016-12-03). "[소설가 박범신부터 큐레이터 함영준까지 충격적인 문화계 내 성폭력". 여성 조선일보. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Kim, Soo (2017-05-19). "[페미위키, 핀치…강남역 이후 일상으로 들어온 '페미니즘'". 노컷뉴스. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "페미위키" (Wiki). namu.wiki. June 9, 2018. Retrieved June 9, 2018.
- Han, Soo (2017-03-27). "[“바꿔보자, 남성 편향적 위키백과 콘텐츠”". Bloter. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Lee, Woo (2018-02-04). "['나무위키 성 평등주의 날조 사건'에 대하여". Huffinton Post Korea Blog. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- Huh, Jin (2017-01-31). "페미니즘 비판하던 '이퀄리즘'은 누리꾼이 만들어낸 '창작품'". 경향신문 (in Korean). Retrieved 2017-03-28.
- Kim, Yeh (2016-11-22). "[페미니즘을 소비하다… ‘페미 굿즈’ 대중 속으로". 세계일보. Retrieved 2018-06-09.
- "페미위키 재정" (Wiki). femiwiki.com. June 9, 2018. Retrieved June 9, 2018.