- Young Koreans United of Canada formed
- Young Koreans United of Australia formed
- The film, "The Night Before Strike" tours the U.S.
- Support and fundraising for "Pico Korea” workers who visit the U.S. National Teachers Union of Korea members tour North America
- YKU holds conference for Peace and Self Determined Unification Two week hunger strike and diplomatic advocacy upon the separate induction of the two Koreas into the U.N.
- Young Koreans United International formed
- Young Koreans United of Europe formed
- The film "Mother, it's your Son" screens in the U.S.
- Korean American Community Center of Philadelphia is founded Rallies in front of the U.N. in support of a peace treaty and unification that is peaceful and self determined
- “Sound of Liberation" tours Europe and Australia
- Support and fundraising efforts for "Pico Korea” workers
- The Korean Canadian Resource Center in Toronto is founded
- The film "Opening the School's Gates" screens in the U.S.
- Campaign to Abolish the National Security Law (NSL)
- Conference to Strengthen the Overseas Movement
- Symposium on the future of the 2nd generation movement
- Protests against NSL and to support political prisoners
- In support of political prisoners, "Faceless Heroes" is screened
- Ahn Chi-Whan’s North American tour of “Forever Pine Tree"
- Telegram campaign for the withdrawal of U.S. Troops in Korea
- “HanNuRi,” Korean American Cultural Troupe is formed in L.A.
- Washington Post ad campaign for peace and a nuclear free Korea
- Participation in the World Human Rights Caucus in Vienna
- “Madang” featuring Korean Japanese cultural troupe tour
- March for Peace and Justice in Washington, D.C.
- Support for Korean political prisoners during the harsh winter
- ToBakYi tours North America to mark the 5.18 Uprising
- Rally for peace in Korea organized in front of the U.N.
- Protest against the U.S. visit of Emperor Akahito of Japan
- Conference on the development of the overseas movement Celebration of the 10th anniversary of YKU of U.S.A.
- NAKASEC is established in Los Angeles
- Campaign against Proposition 187 in California
- Forum series on the impact of U.S. military bases in Korea
- Park Moon Ok and Oh Chang Kyu tour to mark the 5.18 Uprising
- "Justice for Immigrants" Washington Post Ad Campaign launched
- Candlelight vigil for a full investigation on the 5.18 massacre
- Signature campaign supporting legislation on 5.18 Uprising
- Series of letter writing and fax sending drives to oppose welfare reform in Congress and later to urge President Clinton to veto it
- Conference on the growth and future of the overseas movement
- North Korea Food Aid: North American campaign launched and coordinating commitee formed
- Support of NAKASEC's civic participation campaign activities
- National Telegram Campaign to Restore Immigrant Benefits
- Support for construction of boundaries surrounding 5.18 cemetery
- Support million signature drive to assist the people of North Korea
- "United and Marching Firm Ahead" YKU international conference
- Support NAKASEC's civic participation campaign activities
- Signature campaign for reformation of the National Security Law
- Ad campaign by international human rights and peace groups
- Protest against the awarding of the Medal of Freedom to president Kim Dae Jung and to abolish the National Security Law
- Support for "Fix '96" national lobby day in Washington D.C.
- Participation in the Seattle WTO protests and support for the "People's Action Committee Against the New Round of Talks"